[dba-Tech] VM for different versions of Access

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Mar 27 15:24:05 CDT 2008

Hi Martin,

Given that I have a full XP Pro installation on my computer (with all
the updates), is there any way to share that OS with a Virtual Machine?

Or, would I take my installation CDs (that came with my computer), and
copy them into a folder to be shared?  Right now, I feel a little bit
like Alice after she fell down the rabbit hole.  Each solution seems to
have a catch I can't quite get around.  I don't have multiple licenses
for my Windows XP Pro.  I do have an older Windows XP Home lying around
somewhere, and I have Win98 still installed on one machine.

For helping my client, I may be better off just installing Access 97 on
my Win98 machine - if that isn't going to ruin my Access 2K already
installed on that machine.  Or, do I dare install Access 97 on my
Windows XP Pro machine?  I've casually read a few of the threads about
multiple Access versions installed on the same machine, but I didn't pay
a lot of attention, because I didn't need to know at that time.

Still falling down the rabbit hole, eager for any assistance before the
Red Queen orders my head be chopped off!!

Thanks,
Tina