[dba-Tech] VM for different versions of Access

Martin W Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 15:43:24 CDT 2008

John

Its an issue we have come up against. I have a meeting with MS licensing when I get back to work. We will be running development platforms for each developer - Windows Server 2003/MOSS 2007/Office 2007/VS 2005 and SQL Server. The cost to us for each VM could be huge.

The theory as I understand it is that you do need a licence for each OS running in a VM and that applies to Office etc as well. I will get a better picture of what they expect once I get back to work. I think its just like having another physical machine sitting beside you and they would expect licences for that.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
Queen's University