[dba-Tech] Multiple versions Access on one machine - Was: VM for different versions of Access

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Mar 28 10:30:30 CDT 2008

Thank you Gustav,

On my current main computer I am running Office 2003, with all the
updates except SP3, which I understand has caused difficulties for
others.  Just so I fully understand the process I will need, and
whatever "gotchas" are likely to come along, please walk me through the
process.

First, I would un-install my current Access version - do I need to
un-install the entire Office Suite?

Second, I would install Access 97 in its own folder, followed by any
other versions I wish, each in its own folder, until I get to my current
version.

How would I handle the several updates that had been downloaded and
installed, and which, presumably will have to be reinstalled?  Do I
install Access 97, go get its updates, install the next version, go get
its updates - and so on until the whole project is complete?

Am I understanding the process correctly?

Thanks for your help,
Tina