[dba-Tech] OT: Dell is cr.p

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue May 6 19:41:30 CDT 2008

I've had just the opposite experience but my experience is very limited.  If
I was buying machines in larger numbers for a corp I might run into the same
hardware and service problems.

I'm sitting here with three Dells - one P3 and two P4s.  They've all run
flawlessly except for a CD drive which failed in #2 - an easy replace I did
myself.  And I've only bought 6-7 machines from them over the years.  Max is
running another Dell P4 one of my old ones.

So I can't say whether their service is good because I've never needed it.

I like ordering Dell on line and having someone bring it to me.  Never have
to leave my chair.  But, like a restaurant, I suppose it will only take one
bad experience to lose me as a customer.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com