[dba-Tech] Vista and the touchpad

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue May 13 09:10:18 CDT 2008

 > Arrogance more than idiocy?

I am sure that there is plenty of that as well.

If you think about it, Windows controls EVERYTHING.  It receives click
"events" (whatever they may be at that hardware level) and inserts them
into the program.  Thus there is one single "entry point" into Windows
for each IO object out there.

Windows is the obvious "choke point" for controlling this kind of thing.
  Instead you are left with "on MY laptop you do this" and on "THAT
laptop you do that".  Instead of one single place to go to set this up,
you have 100 million lap top users searching the web for how to turn the
damned thing off ON THEIR hardware.

What was the quote purportedly from Einstein..

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe."