[dba-Tech] DotNetNuke

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat May 24 08:27:47 CDT 2008

Is this DNN instance running your your own hardware at your
office, or is it running on a Web Hosting company out on the
internet?

I am trying to get this running on my own Windows 2003
server at my office.  AFAICT the basic install of Windows
2003 does not turn on IIS.  I went in and did so but there
is a lot of additional stuff which I may have missed.  Or
ASP.Net might be installed by Visual Studio.

Or...

My web site which is running on a web hosting company is DNN
based.  I set it up back when DNN was version 2.X and IIRC I
actually got a DNN running local on my machine.  Since then
they have moved from DNN 2.x running on .Net 1.X to DNN 4.X
running on .Net 2.X.

I have requested that the web hosting company migrate my web
site to the DNN 4.X however I also thought I'd try getting
it running local "just to play around".  I foolishly thought
it would be an installer that set it up.