[dba-Tech] Dead Computer?

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:38:49 CST 2008

Nothing on the montor at all?  No BIOS info?  No  "Push F1 to ender setup"

I think Video card. It's static season up here in the land of heated
indoor air. Did you ground yourself before you touched any thing?  I'd
start by disconnecting things. And did you reseat the RAM?  That is
worth a try. Or even the Ram. I have had bad ram cause problems like
that. Is the fan on the CPU turning?

But I would try to disconnect everything and pull any expansion cards
from it and see if it still beeps three times. Then if that seems to
work start plugging things back in one at a time.

And remember just yesterday you were lamenting not needing a new computer ;-)

GK