[dba-Tech] PowerPoint behavior -- text formats change when usingPromote

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Nov 21 10:04:56 CST 2008

Hi Susan,

I tried to duplicate what you said you did.  My experience did not match
yours.  I got exactly what I expected - the promoted text became the
heading on a new slide.  No unexpected changes happened to the text
remaining on the original slide.  The only change I would expect would
be a font-size increase to make use of the additional space - if that
setting is turned on and if the space change is significant.  The
setting is under AutoCorrect > AutoFormat as you type > AutoFit body
text to placeholder.  Is that possibly what's going on?

I'm using Office 2003.

Tina