[dba-Tech] Hyperlink oddness

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Thu Oct 23 04:28:39 CDT 2008

Me again :-)

I have a user with a problem with hyperlinks. Apparently it used to
work, but doesn't any more... He creates a word document (2003 SP1) with
hyperlinks in, they work. He attaches it to an email (Outlook 2003 SP1),
sends it to someone and the hyperlinks in the document no longer work.
I've tried using an address with \\server\folder rather than a drive
letter, but it still makes no difference, the hyperlinks have all been
replaced with file:///c:\profiles\jtydda... etc instead of j:\QC... or
\\uksfs01\departments\qc...

I can't find anything about this on google (maybe I'm just phrasing my
search wrong)... does anyone have any ideas what to do about it?

Just to make things a bit more challenging, installing a higher SP of
Office is out of the question, as all updates have to be approved by
head office :-)

Jon

Jon Tydda MCP
IT Support Analyst

Lonza Biologics PLC
228 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire
SL1 4DX
UK

Registered Number: 2742471

Tel:  +44 (0) 1753 777077
Fax: +44 (0) 1753 777001
mailto:jon.tydda at lonza.com
http://www.lonza.com

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged information the use of
which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this transmission
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.