[dba-Tech] Vista and Wireless (SOLVED)

Tesiny, Ed EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us
Thu Oct 30 08:12:58 CDT 2008

I spent over an hour with James S. from Linksys in the Phillipines but
it's solved. First, HP laptop has builtin wireless a/b/g/n,  Router is
Linksys wrt54g.  You have to disable MAC addressing.  Then connect
MANUALLY to the network providing network name, type of encryption (WEP
in my case), WEP key and connect.  Sounds simple but it's something I
don't think I would try.  BTW my XP laptop still connects with no
problem.

Ed Tesiny
EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us