[dba-Tech] looking for an alternative to Exchange

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Apr 10 18:55:20 CDT 2009

Thanks for all the posts concerning this. I am glad to get the cases to
present for the "non-cloud" idea. Given the cost of the alternatives I see
no need for cloud solutions which are totally dependent on numerous, weak,
fail points. At least not for my clients, at this time.

Also to others that posted open source and no cost alternatives. I'm keeping
those in sight for future projects. I am reconsidering Exchange as one of
the alternatives. My network engineer tells me that for under 50 users it's
not as bad as it used to be (I'm not quite sure how reassuring that is ;o)
and essentially I'll be getting it for free.

John B.