[dba-Tech] Viper license -- Hey John!

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Apr 24 09:45:13 CDT 2009

I'm glad to see it's been working for you. I recommend you resub. Right now
there's nothing else that will run lighter on a system than Vipre (BTW, did
you ever get more RAM?). I sure can tell the difference when I'm running it
versus testing things like AVG, Avira, Eset (which sells itself as light on
a system) and some of the other old kludgey standby's like Norton, McAfee,
and Trend.

I just got a new client this week. Out of the blue an Auto dealership in the
city nearby called me. I never did get to ask them how they got my name.
Anyway they were having network issues and I cleared those up but noticed
they were running AVG free, AdAware and Spybot S&D. Standard fare for home
users but totally against the agreement of the free versions of these
products (beside the main point). I told them I recommend replacing all of
them with Vipre and they said do it and now all of their fairly old PCs work
better. In two hours I made a messed up network full of slow PCs sing again
- you can never get in tight with too many auto mechanics ;o)

I don't use the coupon code thing. If you want to resub you can open Vipre
and click the menu item Help | Register [Extend Subscription]. Or if the
time is near it will offer that link for you. It will be interesting to see
if I get credit for that as the original affiliate. Let me know when you do
it and I can check the logs to see.

The way I get credit for sure is if you go to my website and click a Vipre
link and then purchase a license. (If you are planning on using it on more
than one pc now would be the time to get a multi-user license). This would
be a brand new license number and I recommend if anyone does it this way
that you copy and paste that huge string of a registration key from the
final purchasing web page directly into Vipre's registration key number
field (found at: menu item Help | Register [Extend Subscription]

Pretty soon we'll be having a fund drive for DBA and it'll be interesting to
see how much I can donate just from these Vipre purchases. I'd guess it's
over $100.