[dba-Tech] How fast is Atom processor?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 4 07:06:40 CST 2009

Thanks Gary!

/gustav

>>> garykjos at gmail.com 04-12-2009 13:41 >>>
We recently had a thread on the OT list that touched on that subject
and someone, I know who it is but won't name names since I haven't
asked his permission, commented that he has an HP Netbook on which he
runs Office 2003 and Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server Express and
they run at an acceptable level of performance to him. Hopefully he
will reply here with some more details. He mentioned the screen size
being an issue and that he connects to an external monitor with it to
get around that problem when he needs more screen space. I think it
might someone depend on what you are used to and what you find
acceptable for performance.

Prior to reading that post there I was thinking that they were only
good for browsing etc. My company has one Senior manager that uses a
Netbook and he has had issues several times with not being able to
open some large spreadsheets. He does work with some REALLY LARGE
spreadsheets though.

GK