[dba-Tech] How fast is Atom processor?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 4 10:42:44 CST 2009

I have a friend whose daughter who uses a netbooks for doing her
'cartooning'. She carries it around with her school books and when she has a
few moments uses a platic tip pen and switches the screen to tablet mode and
does some sketching... she is very talented.

In relationship to the ipod the computer is huge and it can runs apps the
ipods can not. It connectes to wireless so you're never out of touch, holds
a  massive amounts of tunes... great for tweeter fans etc. It can even run
Picassa and download pictures from the camera. I believe you can get these
computers with up to 2 GB of RAM and that should be more than enough for any
program.

I think its one big draw back is it is for 'young eyes' but it sure is a lot
easier to pack around than a laptop.