[dba-Tech] C & D Partitions

Bob Geldart bgeldart at verizon.net
Sat Dec 5 18:47:51 CST 2009

FWIW,

I used to have two internal drives--one for programs, one for
data--and backed up each one to a folder in the other.

I've now got a PC with a 750G HDD, and a SATA HDD docking station
(toaster), kind of like an external drive. I have a 500G that gets
cloned once a month via the docking station and Acronis. Once a week,
I back up the data to another drive in the docking station. By having
the drives externally, they aren't draining the PC power
continuously, nor wearing  out prematurely. Works well for me.

I have a netbook that I just use on trips and to carry some apps I
can work on away from home. Gets sync'd to the PC when I'm home, so
the PC is the backup for the netbook.

Bob