[dba-Tech] C & D Partitions

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Mon Dec 7 08:05:37 CST 2009

Too bad.

I've been partitioning my boot drive like this for years. Most recent case where is saved by rear end was when I allowed Windows XP SP3 to install itself a while back. The result was a system that would not boot at all. Fortunately I use DriveImage XML to backup the entire boot partition from time to time. So I was able to get the machine back in action is 30 minutes by restoring a pre-SP3 image. Because the C partition only contains programs I lost nothing. I don't even have my My Documents folder on the boot drive for this kind of reason.

Lambert