[dba-Tech] OT: Thin SQL Client for Linux

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 8 07:33:37 CST 2009

Hi Max

So wouldn't this be the time where you as the wise father teach him about Google? And to describe in a proper way what he his is doing and looking for - an ODBC driver is not for every database engine but for one only, so which one? And what does "thin" mean? I've never heard about fat ODBC clients. Fast or slow perhaps, or more or less buggy, but often you should just be happy if one exists for your engine.

I'm not up-to-date on this. But a google on ODBC on Linux reveals a bunch of links. One good place to start could be here:

http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc-sql-server-driver/getting-started.html

/gustav

>>> max.wanadoo at gmail.com 08-12-2009 14:04 >>>
Yes, sorry about that Gustav, It is actually my son who asked me to
post this and I am not familiar with his project, but apparently he
needs it as ODBC and not JDBC resolution.

Thanks Gustav,

Max