[dba-Tech] Home Server Trouble

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 06:11:50 CST 2009

I had rebooted it a few times so no such luck.

The error code indicated.... nothing actually, So I resorted to the
"Server Recovery" CD and that has got me going again. Basically
reinstalled Windows Server. All the data appears to be there but I had
to re enter all the users and it doesn't seem to recognize any of my
systems anymore so I've had to uninstall and reinstall the client
software on - well only on my main system and my laptop so far. Still
have Marty's laptops - old and new - and my old desktop and the home
Theater PC to do that on.

I did configure the remote access this time which I had not the first
time so maybe I will make some use of that and there will be a benefit
to the exercise.

GK