[dba-Tech] Authoring Packages

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 4 17:02:25 CST 2009

Adobe Framemaker is the de facto standard for technical documentation.
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/
<quote>
Author and publish technical documentation
Adobe® FrameMaker® 9 software is a powerful authoring and publishing solution for
technical communicators. Take advantage of an intuitive user interface, unified
workflows, and a template-based authoring environment to simplify content delivery and
conform to organizational requirements for consistency and branding.
</quote>

 Other than that, it's mainly  Help Authoring Systems which are primarily tools for
creating on-line documentation but can be used for hard-copy as well (google "Help
Authoring Systems")

--
Stuart