[dba-Tech] How to disable Data Execution on Vista

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Feb 15 16:00:09 CST 2009

Rather than completely disabling DEP, you can fine tune it with:

Control Panel - System - System Protection -  Advanced -
Performance Settings - Data Execution protection.

That way you can just switch it off  for the problem installer/application/service.

Use BCDEdit to completely turn DEP off as a last resort