[dba-Tech] Open to a specific worksheet

Mike Mattys mmattys at rochester.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 19:18:50 CST 2009

Hi Susan,

Hope this isn't too late!

As I'm working at Excel automation dlls right now, I chanced to run into
this:

http://www.vickywoodard.com/teaching/excel/Julian's%20Macro%20Tips.htm

Auto Run [24/12/2001]
Making your macros run automatically when opening your workbook. You can
either use the Auto Open method or the Workbook Open method. These macros
will display the message "Hello" when you open the workbook.

Sub Auto_Open()
Msgbox("Hello")
End Sub

This code would be located in the module. However if you use the second
method, the code must be in the workbook (double click "This Workbook" in
the explorer window). Click on the drop down list (that says General) and
select Workbook. Click on the drop down list (that says declarations) and
select Open.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Msgbox("Hello")
End Sub