[dba-Tech] WinXP update problem

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Fri Feb 27 09:34:40 CST 2009

oh, forgot to say that I tried that already last night with the first PC.
It asked clearly for the SP3 CD.
After that one was rejected I triedd the WinXP install CD, which is
slipstreamed with SP2.
I could dig out instructions how to slipstream and then make a slipstreamed
SP3 CD.
Then I would have to install the newest Windows update again, and try that
CD.

OTOH, since obviously there are SP3 files modified, what do you think,
should I try to install SP3 on top of what I have?

Or - isnt there a repair utility? hmmm... sfc? is that right? system file
check???

Lembit