[dba-Tech] What utilities can't you live without?

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 09:04:46 CST 2009

Susan,

It's rather a long list:

NoteTab Light (I use NoteTab Pro on my main PC)
HardCopy (A German guy wrote this screen capture program)
Paint.NET (A very nice .NET-based open-source paint program)
ColorPic (superb free color picker for Windows from iconico.com)
IrfanView, of course
Windows Grep (I can't STAND Windows Search for locating text in files!)
CPU-Z
FireBug for Firefox (absolutely outstanding web debugging tool)
Gibson Research ClicKey (I just like hearing my keystrokes!)
Gibson Research SpinRite 6
AutoHotkeys
SysInternals Process Explorer (it replaces Task Manager)
SysInternals FileMon
SysInternals RootKit Revealer (it found that awful AntiVirXP malware)
Belarc Advisor
WinPatrol
Win2PDF
XML Notepad 2007