[dba-Tech] Excel links problem

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Wed Jul 15 09:58:28 CDT 2009

Hi all

I've got an excel workbook that consists of two graphs with links to another document that users don't have access to. This workbook is hyperlinked to from an intranet site, so that they can see the graph when they click a button, but when they do, they're all being asked if they'd like to update the links, and as they don't have permission to see the other workbook, they all get an error message.

I know there's a way to tell it not to update the links and to have it be done manually when the other workbook is updated, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it, and we don't appear to have the usually useful help files installed...

Any ideas?

Jon

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged information the use of which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.