[dba-Tech] wireless trouble

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jun 2 18:02:29 CDT 2009

Ditto. You don't have to reinstall anything, unless you want to. Just reset
the unit.
To reconfigure it once you reset the unit then do Start | Run | CMD {enter}
Then type ipconfig {enter}
Open IE and type the default gateway number (listed in the results of the
ipconfig command) into the address bar of IE. The config screen should come
up for the Router/Wireless/etc. If it asks for a login/password I think the
belkin is admin/password or admin blank. But if it isn't then it should also
be listed in either the little manual that came with it or on the unit
itself. Best bet though is to put Belkin Model so and so's default login and
password into Google. That normally leads to the answer quite quickly.

If you're neighbors aren't too close you don't really need a password. If
they are make it something simple that you can remember or like Jim
suggested-print it on a label and stick it to the device. I also use labels
to identify all of those electrical supplies that everything had these days.
That way I don't have to read the fine print to figure it out.