[dba-Tech] 64 vs. 32 Bit

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:55:40 CDT 2009

Hi John,
For the desktop, I feel pretty confident about installed W2k8 Server and the
building a number of VM's including a development VM.

But if I buy a new laptop with 6 GB would you install Vista Ultimate 64 bit,
or would you consider formatting the new machine and trying to run Win 2K8
on a laptop, I am worrying about drivers and compatability of audio, video,
blue tooth etc.

Actually as I type this, I think that following is best

Laptop - install 64 Vista Ultimate and any VM I care for
Desktop - Install 64 Win2K8 and any VM I care for

Thanks

MArk