[dba-Tech] Google Chrome

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 20 12:41:11 CDT 2009

Many sites are IE specific and the internal JavaScripting is different than
the other browsers. MS handling of classes and call-backs are different and
require extra code to manage. Their methods of handling security are quite
different. IE uses ActiveX components and other browsers use 'plug-in'. Some
of the latest features like CSS3, supported by all other major browsers is
not supported by IE... they only support up to CSS2.

Many smaller sites, that can not afford to support multiple browsers and
Microsoft, have some pages that actually block all other browsers. I am not
sure what the specific issues are but there you have it.

Here is the definitive browser research link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers