[dba-Tech] Vipre (was: Can't get IE to upload)

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Mar 4 19:07:46 CST 2009

Hi Gustav,
It was an update that did what many had requested but it took about 15
minutes to apply and on older machines or machines that were in use it
caused a problem due to the high CPU usage. If you walked away and left it
alone it probably worked fine but if you tried to troubleshoot why it
appeared locked up then the update probably got corrupted and it became an
endless loop. I just returned from one of my client's with Vipre Enterprise
and they nor any of my other client's experiences an issues with it. I can
say that the update - once in place - made for a nice improvement in speed
on the Enterprise console end.

BTW the console in .Net based if that explains anything ;o)

John B