[dba-Tech] Interesting Vipre behavior

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:12:20 CDT 2009

John,

>> Sorry to see you had problems. <<

I didn't mean to cause you any grief.  I've lived with balky computers
for about half my life now; I'm not likely to shed tears over the
latest incident.

I haven't tried contacting Sunbelt support; I rarely call the
manufacturer any more.  I figured that there were other avenues.  I
considered trying a Sunbelt forum if it had gone on for too long...but
running a Quick scan instead of a Deep scan on Janet's machine solved
her issue for now; and mine suddenly started behaving as I related in
my first message.  Yes, it's nice to know *why* stuff (read "shit")
like this happens.

>> Every security product is going to have issues. <<

This is so.  I don't want to go so far as to do what Dickford claims
to be doing -- or *not* doing; that is, going "bare".  While I don't
visit dicey sites and I don't let my kids use my system, I like having
a little peace-of-mind coverage.

>> These were the same people who a day or two earlier were ready to hang Sunbelt staff for their sins. I guess the reality is that this is a field wrought with problems and live support is the key to success. <<

*Very* interesting!  I'd have to hand it to Sunbelt, too.  Sounds like
they went the extra furlong on this one.

>>  If you read the interview above - he evens talks like me ;o) <<

Nah!  He doesn't have that Winneconne accent!

Thanks, John.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI