[dba-Tech] Dell LCD deal

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:28:00 CDT 2009

Dear Group,

I've been working on a 19" CRT that came with my Micro PC since 1999.
I finally decided to get an LCD monitor (I bought my wife one for
Christmas '07; a Samsung 22").

Dell had a deal (maybe still has) on a 23" wide-screen monitor that I
took advantage of.  It was $159 + $8 tax -- free shipping.  It shipped
on Wednesday from Tennessee and arrived Friday here in Wisconsin.

It isn't meant for games -- only a 60 Hz refresh rate.  It's
resolution is perfect for wide-screen movies: 1920 x 1080.  That's a
16:9 ratio, not the 1.6:1 found on most wide-screen monitors I've seen
(including my wife's).

It's wonderful to see text clearly again, and it's nice and bright,
too.  When I play a movie on it the picture fills the screen from
corner to corner...there's no black stripe at top and bottom as there
is on a 1.6:1 monitor.

I'm satisfied so far...and REALLY satisfied with the price.  Just a
satisfied Dell customer, I guess.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI