[dba-Tech] Server with low power consumption

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sun Oct 4 14:46:16 CDT 2009

I have a 16GB Corsair thumb drive that died.  Now, I do carry it around with
me.  For a drive that stays plugged in, I do not know about the reliability
of that setup.  I just know many people that have had USB thumb drives die
on them.  I will say that I have had a usb thumb drive connected to my PC
for ready boost for about 2 years with no problems.  These drives still
usually have much slower access times.

Basically, I just do not trust the flash drives enough yet to have important
data on them.

As for the external drives, the downside to those are the transfer speed
unless you are using an eSATA connection, which are pretty speedy.

Bobby