[dba-Tech] LCD vs Plasma

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:39:49 CDT 2009

Samsung is certainly a well respected brand. It's amazing when you see
the wall of TV's in the store how much better some look than others do
when they are side by side. Granted ALL those TV's will probably look
much better than the TV you already have at home, but if you can get a
better picture for similar money, why not.

When we bought our 40"LCD we went to the store specifically to look at
a Samsung model I had investigated online. The TV was intended to go
in my wife's main viewing room and so she had the final judgement on
it. She took one look at the TV and didn't care for it, not because
the picture was deficient in any way, because the BEZEL AROUND THE
SCREEN was a shiny black color. She preferred a MATTE FINISH on that
bezel. There was a Sony right next to the Samsung we were looking at.
It had a SILVER bezel. She didn't like that either. The pictures on
the two were very similar. So we were dissapointed for a bit. Then
around the corner on the end of the aisle in the store we found
another Sony jsut the same as the one next to the Samsung only with a
flat black bezel. It was one of only TWO they had of that model so we
snapped it up.

GK