[dba-Tech] FW: [dba-OT] Suze Orman Rips a Poker Player Out a New One ...

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Oct 19 10:25:16 CDT 2009

Turns out not to be as simple as stopping by Fry's and snagging a TV.  Gotta
get the cable upgraded to digital and get the converter box.  Gotta get TIVO
upgraded to HD so we can see what we record in HD.  Learned something really
critical (I think) about HDTV - response time is more important that refresh
rate.  The boxes I'm looking at have response time from 8ms down to 2.  I'm
being told to get the 2ms and 240Hz refresh.

Gotta go up to Colorado this week for the parole hearing so it looks like
this may be next weekend's project.  Missed a deal at Fry's for a high end
47" Samsung - they were throwing in a Blu-Ray player - 1400 bucks.

But, yeah, the picture quality is as different as going to color from my B&W
TV.

Rocky