[dba-Tech] Seeking your advice regarding false positives for spam lists

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Feb 6 15:46:55 CST 2010

Hi Mark

You control via a Text record in your DNS setup. How to do this depends on where your domain is hosted.
We use a local free high-quality DNS service:

  http://www.unoeuro.com/products.php

As for most other free or low-cost DNS hosts, you have to do the work yourself via an admin page which actually is an advantage when you know what to record and wish full control. In other cases you have to write to the support and ask them for adjusting your DNS settings; this can be quite cumbersome.

You can read all about the SPF system here:

  http://old.openspf.org/

Note the SPF WIZARD which will build the record for you for any normal setup.

/gustav

>>> marklbreen at gmail.com 06-02-2010 12:35 >>>
Hello Gustav,

that is very interesting,

how do you manage or control the Sender Policy
Framework<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework>

Is that something the you enable and maintain locally on your smtp server,
or do you mange it from the domain registry company?

Thanks

Mark