[dba-Tech] Laptop Batteries

Perry L Harold pharold at proftesting.com
Thu Jan 7 16:05:33 CST 2010

I think almost all manufacturers exclude batteries from the extended
warranty.  Charge life varies.  I have a Systemax that got close to 2
hrs early on and within a few months was down to 1.5 hours.  I also have
a thin Toshiba without a DVD drive that will get close to 4+ hours of
continuous use.  Both are 6 cell.

Dell sells a 9 cell that's rated at 4+ hours but is usually an upgrade
on most laptops.  Their 6 cell is usually good for 2+ hours and we've
had pretty good luck with them staying around that time limit.  Ours
tend to be plugged into the power supply most of the time.

Perry