[dba-Tech] Once and for all time: server backups

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:22:44 CST 2010

Rocky,

>> Are economic conditions up there still pretty moribund or are you
seeing signs of increased activity? <<

I'm not sure what to look for.  When I go to the local Walmart, the parking
lot seems as full as it ever was.  I haven't been to Barnes and Noble for a
while, so I can't comment on retail book sales.

I do know that the city of Neenah isn't going to get nearly the same level
of state shared revenue as it has in the past...but Neenah has always been
well-managed, in my opinion.  Certainly better than our sister city,
Menasha, which defaulted on a bond issue for its steam generating plant.

The number of new IT jobs that I can apply for each week seems to have been
steady, though I sort of expected a larger number of them with the new year.
 That hasn't happened.  I have to apply to a couple new places each week to
qualify for unemployment.  I don't apply for fast food jobs; just for jobs
that I'm at least marginally qualified for.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI