[dba-Tech] Web site (was: Once and for all time: server backups)

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 13:42:04 CST 2010

Hello Jim,

Speaking generally now, not related to any single website:
I acknowledge everything you say below Jim, and I know it is true, but I
cannot bear to spend time on stuff that may not give a return.  This site
needs more time, probably another 5 hours or so, but after that, I think it
is into diminishing returns.

If she offered to pay for 40 - 80 hours, I would not really be interested,
primarily because I do not think that the ROI is there for her.  She needs a
web presence, sure, but as was mentioned earlier, the web presence is
primarily, address, phone number and possibly opening hours, although in
this case, they are assumed by all to be 09:00 - 18:00 Mon to Sat.

I often steer away from projects where I do not believe there is a real ROI,
such I might get a quick buck, but unless the customer is going to make
increase money from my work, I will ultimately not get additional work.

Thanks

Mark