[dba-Tech] SBS 2008 performance

Janet Erbach jerbach at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 08:56:09 CST 2010

Mark -

Just as an update...As of this morning, virtual memory/physical memory usage
is pretty near 7 gb.  It's been that way all weekend.  I tried turning off
the services I could find that were related to SBS Monitoring, but that made
no difference in memory usage.  I'm going to investigate the possibility of
un-installing Monitoring altogether;  and then I'll probably have to look
into disabling other SBS 'standard-you-gotta-have-em' services as well.  It
sure looks to me like SBS 2008 is a resource hog by default, and that I'll
have to turn off quite a few things before I see any improvements.  We're
also looking at investing in a second server for our main sql server
application, so that should help a little.  In theory.

Janet