[dba-Tech] OpenDNS

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jun 12 16:50:50 CDT 2010

Hi Jim

Same here. It is good as an alternative if your default DNS servers of your ISP seem to behave strangely, which we have seen more than twice. But I don't like the URL "guessing" feature they offer - more confusing than resolving.

However, these days Google offer free DNS as well at 8.8.8.8, an address you can't forget, thus perfect for high priority service calls.

OpenDNS doesn't offer any file sharing to my knowledge. Are you mixing something up?

/gustav

>>> peter.brawley at earthlink.net 12-06-2010 21:49 >>>
Hi Jim,

I just changed DNS server addresses and forgot about it. Sorry, I never
any of their customising services.

P.

-----