[dba-Tech] IE 6 and the rest

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 12 17:20:54 CDT 2010

I have just spent two extra days on designing a web site to work with IE and
it various flavours. Last week it was the same and next week I am doing a
major POS web site and rest assured if I have to make this site IE compliant
it will cost me and the client's a number of days and thousands of dollars.

On Monday, as the site is internal, I will be making a strong pitch to not
use IE at all and may be going so far as to remove direct IE access from all
the desktops.

http://lifehacker.com/5164286/windows-7-lets-you-finally-uninstall-internet-
explorer-kinda

How to work around some of the most serious IE bugs up to memory leaks and
system crashes...

http://www.virtuosimedia.com/tutorials/ultimate-ie6-cheatsheet-how-to-fix-25
-internet-explorer-6-bugs

Amongst us web site designers there is slowly becoming a united dislike for
Microsoft's unwillingness to embrace the new industry standards. MS of all
the companies has the depth and resources to easily reach the current
standards and become a leader again. I can not explain their reasoning and
reluctance to move on but now I can only move to another product and wait.

http://www.bringdownie6.com/bring-down-ie-6.html