[dba-Tech] Windows 7 or not?

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 21:48:44 CDT 2010

If I were making that decision I would err on the side of where the
knowledge of my Support Staff lay.  Fire fighting with relatively new Oss
for that many Seats if not something to contemplate.  If you really wanted
an alternative OS then, as you point out, go virtual but leave the
underlying  OS where the  knowledge lies.

As Charlotte points out elsewhere on the List, the upfront language is of
relative insignigicance as  it compiles down to CLR

Similarly, once your OS  has loaded it is a  matter of  extreme indifference
to your users what lies behind the desktop, only that it is stable and
supported.

Personally, I would say Win 7 and not one of the myriad of  "me too" Oss out
there.

Max