[dba-Tech] Word VBA problem

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Mon Nov 22 09:18:39 CST 2010

I found the solution...

To refer to the first object, you need to use this syntax:

        ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(1).Select
        Selection.InlineShapes(1).Fill.Solid

To refer to the second object, you need this one:

        ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(2).Select
        Selection.InlineShapes(1).Fill.Solid

Using InlineShapes(1) and (2) to refer to the object when it's not selected, but then using InlineShapes(1) to refer to it thereafter. Confused? Me too!

Jon