[dba-Tech] Google := Gobble?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 20 07:36:26 CDT 2011

So what's the story Athur?

From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:39 AM
To: Peter Brawley; asanga at xplornet.com; Discussion of Hardware and Software
issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] Google := Gobble?

Not that I necessarily have a problem with this, but it's a little like,
what if Google makes enough money to buy Microsoft or Oracle or IBM? What
would the world look like then? Frankly I have no idea, but if I were the
strategist I would suggest Conde-Nast as the first acquisition, not to
mention the fabulous chicks decorating the covers of its various mags, but
rather that it has acquired both Rolling Stone and Wired, which in a few
words is to say that we have all been compromised, and this is not good.

A.