[dba-Tech] A global warming fairy tale

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:30:43 CST 2011

Last night was the first night that a few centimeters of snow lasted until
this morning. Temporarily, we just entered "Winter" a few days back, but in
most of my history of dwelling in Toronto, this is the longest that the
first snowfall survived the next morning. There are traces, about 1cm deep
at their deepest. There was no "White Christmas" and it looks suspiciously
as if there shall be no New Year's Eve as well.

Rumours are abundant that the whole thermo-geography shall soon change:
pretty soon we'll be growing avocados in Yukon and the former Northwest
Territories; which leads to further speculation about former-Quebecois
moving to Florida, and suddenly the winter-palace ratio reverses.

But here is another novel suggestion: the poor polar bears are running out
of ice-caps upon which to float while stalking the seals (not the Navy
Seals). My innovative suggestion is to fly all the polar bears that invade
Churchill, Manitoba, from there to Antarctica, where they can festively
dine upon penguins, which in turn shall cause increasing survival of the
krill and thereby foster the re-population of numerous species.

Into this equation, we must also factor in the evil fishing-factories, and
somehow, someway, curtail their rape of the oceans.
A.

--
Cell: 647.710.1314

Thirty spokes converge on a hub