[dba-Tech] Small Business Server 2003 and smartphones

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jan 9 15:03:33 CST 2011

It all depends on what you are doing on your Lan and on the Internet.

You would use a separate "Front End Server" to serve up information to Internet baed clients
such as your public website, publicly available files etc.  This generally  sits in a "de-
militarized zone"  outside of your firewall.   That separates your public data from your private
data and keesp your private data away from the internet.

In your case, you are talking about making your private data available over the internet.  That
is a different situation.  Your security there comes from your router/firewalll and what traffic
you allow to/from your IIS/Exchange servers.

--
Stuart