[dba-Tech] Sun VirtualBox vs. Oracle VirtualBox !@#argh!

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 10 13:51:05 CST 2011

I have been away from serious Oracle work for over 5 years now. The only
thing I have done is to connect to databases...

Oracle as a rule does not like working with other OSs. It likes its own
server and that is what I tend to do with it...put it on its own
beater-box...then just open ports 1521 to 1525. ;-)