[dba-Tech] MS Word Styles Gallery

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Jun 6 11:25:26 CDT 2011

RE: MS Word 2010

I have some documents that all need to be formatted the same. Last week I
set up some formatting styles and list numbering styles. I used "Save
selection as a new Quick Style" and all was well. I did one Chapter and
reviewed it with the client. I loaded the chapter onto his computer and the
formatting styles and line styles showed up in the list. He approved
everything. So I get some more "cleaned" documents to applying the
formatting to today and I open the chapter from last week and none of the
custom formatting styles are listed in the styles gallery. The list styles
are listed in the list style gallery but I'm back to square one with the
formatting..

Does anyone know what the deal is with these formatting styles and the
"Styles Gallery"? Specifically - how do I get these to be persistent?

John B