[dba-Tech] Wireless

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Jun 26 08:45:04 CDT 2011

I didn't know my new comp - a desktop - came with wireless.  Imagine my
surprise when, during the start up, it detected my network - usually I don't
connect a new machine to the internet until I've got AV and a firewall
loaded.

But I put cabled anyway to an open port on the router.  SO I've got two
connections - the wireless at 65 Mbps and the hard wire at 100.

Question is - does the OS pick the faster one?  Or how does it decide which
one to use?  And can you/need to force it to use the faster connection?

I'm transferring several gigabytes of stuff from old comp to new - so I'm
curious.

MTIA

Rocky