[dba-Tech] Windows June 2011 Update: Breaks network share?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 17 12:52:12 CDT 2011

Hi Gustav:

I have a mixed network with both Linux and Windows machines and it is great
in that I have access to best of both worlds but keeping the network
connected and all the stations working together can be a real problem
especially when there is a new Ubuntu release or Windows update. It seems
that the problems are caused by subtle changes in security and network
protocols.

Many an evening has been wasted resolving these bazaar problems.
Fortunately, for the internet and the flexibility of Samba.

As to your specific problem I can not speak.