[dba-Tech] Windows June 2011 Update: Breaks network share?

Jon Tydda jon at tydda.plus.com
Fri Jun 17 14:50:32 CDT 2011

Hmm. That makes me wonder if my problems are due to a windows update too...

I use hibernate a lot - it's quicker to shut down the computer and restart
from a hibernate than a complete shutdown. I was away for a week, get back
and there are 25 updates to install. I did them and restarted... Since then,
when I restart from a hibernate, I get a message telling me that my graphics
driver has stopped working and I need to restart. I've downloaded the latest
nVidia driver, but I still get the problem.

Jon